The main objectives of the society will be as follows:
- To provide inputs required for Cattle Breeding in line with breeding policy of the State.
- To promote quality of artificial insemination services at village head level / farmers doorstep.
- To promote and develop animal husbandry in the area for increase production of milk and assist livestock owners in rearing, breeding, management and marketing of livestock and livestock products.
- To undertake appropriate research work and provides specific extension for training to livestock development.
- Recycling of funds generated by sale of inputs and services for sustainability of breeding activity.
- To promote fodder production under field conditions in support of economic milk production.
- To mobilise resources from various sources to faster the cause of cattle development through breeding and management.
The Board will review the activities from time to time and suggest further improvement. In Orissa it has been adopted to collect “User Charges “to provide services to the cattle owner by personnel of AH Department. The user charges collected in all activities of Department has been deposited in the society. Against the deposit of user charges 90% of the same will be expended for the development the District as per the requirement of the District dully recommended by District level officers basing on justification of requirement. 10% will be kept in central share for development of the infrastructure of the Department. This has been introduced from the ninth of June 2002.
Presently after launching of NPCBB Programme it has been decided that the money collected out of AI services will be deposited in OLRDS NPCBB, account. Out of which incurring expenditure for the breeding net work will be expended.
This section is monitoring Breeding network of the State.
- LN2 procurement and distribution.
- Semen production, procurement and distribution.
- FSAI done Follow up, conception rate, calf born ratio and monitoring.
- Supply of Bull for natural service in inaccessible area.
- Monitoring of private AI workers (Go-mitra)
- Monitoring the training programme of AI worker and related professionals.
- Strengthening the infrastructure of breeding net work.
The function of this society is to provide services to all players of animal breeding in the State.
- Director of AH & V.S.: –
i. Strengthening all static AI centres to mobile practice.
ii. Extending the FSAI centre to all accessible veterinary institution and provide door step AI.
- OMFED: –
Strengthening the FSAI centre in the MPCS level.
- U.G.S.: –
Provide bulls for Natural Service in assessable area.
All the infrastructure related to production and distribution of breeding inputs will ultimately be handed over to and managed by the society.